Do you feel stuck sometimes and caught up in a funk you don’t know how to get out of? Here are 5 things you can do to immediately change the emotion:
1. Take your shoulders back and raise your chin, imagine your back and shoulders feeling very light
2. Take a few deep breaths, the way you would breath if you would feel relaxed and happy.
3. Remember the last time something made you feel very good and go back to the memory. Memories are anchors to emotional states you can access anytime. Activate your senses an think about what you saw, heard and felt in this memory.
4. Find one thing to appreciate around you right now. Appreciation and stress are such opposites that it is nearly impossible to feel both at the same time. If you can get yourself in a very grateful mindset you will immediately change your state.
5. Do something differently. Since we are creatures of habit we keep on doing the same routine things every day - in order to build new Neuropassages in your brain and get you into a different mindset, take a different way home today, shop at a different grocery store you've never been in and go for breakfast somewhere completely new.