Happy Monday Morning!
I figure this would be an appropriate time to share a few ways on how to start your day the right way.
Most people underestimate the effect of starting the day with the right Morning Rituals. We’ve learned to eat healthy breakfasts but we have not yet understood that the right actions in the morning set the tone for the next 12 hours. If you fail to do the right things for yourself in the morning, you have higher chances of becoming a victim to fatigue, lack of productivity, arguments and negativity.
Don't ruin your chances for a great day!
If you start your day right, I guarantee you will feel more awake, sharp, creative and get at least 30% more done on your To Do List.
Here are 5 Ways on how to start your Day right, so that you will go to bed amazed about how great you felt the whole day:
1) Exercise in the Morning: It is THE best way to feel sharp, vibrant and happy for the whole day. Even if it means getting up 30 minutes earlier - if you give yourself this time to move you will not regret it. It is the days where you neglect to exercise in the morning that you will feel slow, tired and unsatisfied. Give it a try and set yourself up for a great day with a beautiful post exercise glow!
2) Read 30 Minutes in the Morning: Reading in the morning either positive motivating non-fiction audiobooks or hard copies will give you self-esteem, motivation, empowerment and many different ideas on how to implement what you learned. You can listen to it when you’re in your car, making your breakfast, working out or during work.
Try it for 5 days and you will become addicted to the feeling of becoming a better, more motivated, sharper you. It builds resilience and makes a true difference in how you take on adversity throughout the day.
3) When you wake up and get out of bed, smile and tell yourself “I feel terrific” with emotion. Words have great power over us and if you tell yourself you feel terrific, you will.
4) Tell yourself “Something wonderful will happen to me today” and get yourself in a state of positive expectancy. Focus on recognize opportunities and you will find them.
5) Sit down, write up your goals for the day and make sure they are doable. The first goals on your to-do list should always be the ones that are the hardest to do - because those will give you the biggest reward. Then visualize how it will look to have achieved all your goals for the day and create a game for yourself: if you can achieve 80% of your to-do list in the next three hours, you will reward yourself with something you truly enjoy. Getting your goals done will help you feel great about yourself.
The best part about those suggestions are that you can combine them. You can listen to your motivating audiobook while you’re working out. As soon as you get out of bed, tell yourself you feel terrific. Always write your Goals down, no matter if you make a to-do list for the day or you are writing down the Goals on your Bucket List. You should tell yourself “Something wonderful will happen to me today” everyday. The truth is we spend our mornings thinking about the negative events which might come up instead of focusing on opportunities, growth and possibility. This will give you the strength to deal with adversity constructively and improve the best qualities you already have.